VLC End of Season Awards - Nominate Your Player of The Season Here! | Vital Football

VLC End of Season Awards - Nominate Your Player of The Season Here!

Jules

Website Owner
Staff member
The deadline is 21:00 next Thursday! Please state one player's name and your reason(s) for the nomination!

Ethan Erhahon - best player in the league in my opinion. Can count the number of games he was anonymous in on 1 hand.

Sticking to my previous nomination on the clubs site of Lasse Sorensen. Over the whole season he was the player who was the most consistent during the 'poorer' times. Effort and desire shown each and every game.

Two nominations in already for Ethan Erhahon and Lasse Sorensen and both worthy candidates. Ethan is a player a club can build a team around and Lasse has incredible stamina and skill.
However my nomination goes to Lukas Jensen. There are a few contributions on other posts that mention Lukas is behind a little with his distribution of the ball and perhaps this may be the case. But what stands out in the way Lukas plays is all the elements that a good goalkeeper needs, ie the ability to stop shots on target, the command of his area, the willingness to attack crosses into the box, the technique to spread himself during one on ones and bravery.
I cannot recall seeing any soft goals conceded by Lukas this season and if there was I’m sure someone will point this out. Having such a solid goalkeeper also adds confidence to the defenders when they know the last line of defence will be difficult to breach.
Lukas is also our very own first choice keeper in quite a few seasons as we relied upon loan players to occupy this vital position. All successful teams rely upon having an excellent keeper and we have one.

Erahon, class player with the necessary amount of devil in him. As Skoobs said, the best 6 in the league.

Ethan Erhahon. Other candidates such as Lasse and Lukas are worthy but I feel Ethan’s consistency in such a valuable position is very difficult to come by and he should be enormously valued. We need to do everything we can to keep him.

The players that have been nominated so far have been added to the poll, which will be live once the deadline has passed.

Jensen for me too. From starting by looking shaky behind an uncertain defence at Bolton, where the previous season's set piece resilience vanished within 5 minutes, to finishing with 19 clean sheets and one of the best defensive records tells it's own story.

Brilliant shot stopping, cool and calm with crosses and command of the box. His distribution is still a weakness but if it wasn't, we wouldn't have him as he'd be at a higher level as otherwise he's at least the equal of previous loanees.

Erhahon runs him close, his ability to drive the team's tempo is invaluable, allied with his ball winning and distribution, one of the best in his position in my lifetime.

I've copied and pasted my comments from the other POTS thread.

"It was Sorenson, Erhahon or Mitchell for me and I went with the latter, who I think has been the most consistent all season at a high level as well.

Erhahon has probably reached higher performance levels than Mitchell this season on occasions but had a dip earlier in the season.

So for pure consistency, it's Mitchell."

I would say Jensen was the most improved player over the season but my vote for player of the season goes to Erhahon by a hair over Mitchell.
When Erhahon wasn’t in the team we not once played to our potential. Must be player of the season because if he goes he’s going to be the hardest one to replace.
Now if only he would cut out the backchat to the ref and stop kicking the ball away.

Ethan Erhahon for me as mentioned above lots of other good candidates but Erhahon gets my vote.

Will also go with Erhahon but so good to have a choice of four or five players for a change, can remember many seasons when the choice was the least worse player.